Badminton shoes and their purchase are a top priority if you want to improve yourself.
It’s simple, to play badminton you need to have at least a quality badminton racket and good badminton shoes. These will not only help you move quickly on the court and react to your opponent’s smashes and lobs, they also provide you with stability and prevent you from getting hurt.
When playing a certain type of sport there is always a shadow of injury lurking somewhere, but with proper badminton shoes, you will be able to hinder these negative influences. To top it off, they all have incredible additional systems and attributes that can help you better your game and slow down the damage on your knees, joints and toes.
If you have followed my previous reviews you might have caught a little hint on what the general goal is. As you may have already noticed, I am trying to give you all the possibilities and options that might come handy when starting out with the beautiful sport of badminton. The previous two reviews, together with this one, were all instructions on how to get better at badminton, to a certain degree.
Best Badminton Shoes
This one adds another essential piece of the puzzle necessary to achieve your goals. This review will be focused on badminton footwear.
- Great Balance and Stability
- Absorption Technology
- Pay special attention to size
- Quality Sole
- Color might not hit the taste of everyone
- Side to Side Stability
- Material Durability
- They might need to be stretched
- Great Comfort and Grip
- Universal shoes
- Limited Breathability
- Amazing Power Cushion
- Best Seller
- You need to stretch them out before use
- Affordable Price for Beginners
- Good Stability
- A bit uncomfortable
- Great Price for Value
- Beginner Friendly
- 'Old School' Design
- Side Bumps
- Extra Soft
- They can color your socks
1. Yonex SHB 65 Z – My Personal Choice
The first out of the nine footwear options that will be presented to you are the Yonex SHB 65 Z which feature a new power cushion that creates a totally new sense of easy, fast and light men’s badminton shoes.
This is mainly due to the fact that the new technology has three times the absorbing power in comparison to previous models. The outside of the shoe is covered by P.U. leather. A mixture of materials is used for the midsole and the outsole of this yonex badminton shoe is made from rubber.
The color combination of this model is red-white-black.
- The sneakers have good balance that helps you during the game.
- The cushions provide you with the absorption of impact vibrations and make you feel comfortable in the shoes.
- They also provide stability as well.
- Make sure you know your size before ordering the shoe because otherwise you may wind up with the wrong dimensions and eventually your feet can suffer.
The manufacturer used mostly synthetic material on these unisex badminton shoes. Namely a P.U. leather polyester mesh mixture. Nonetheless, they are very comfortable and strike a great balance between durability and weight.
They also feature the cushion and support that is often needed to protect a player’s ankle or foot while playing badminton. These attributes are crucial for a long-term player because they can prevent injuries. The outsoles are rubber based and provide you with good friction.
This model is currently available in red-black stylish look.
- The court movement and coverage are great with these shoes on.
- You will not have to worry about slipping on the court thanks to the quality sole.
- Very comfortable and light footwear, exceptional for badminton.
- The color might not hit the taste of everyone.
- For some people who have a wider foot, these badminton shoes may be a little narrow.
3. Asics Gel Tactic – Best Badminton Shoes for Woman
These Asics are one of the best badminton shoes currently available on the market for a couple of reasons. For starters, they have the rearfoot gel which grants cushioning and shock absorption. Thanks to this system the impact is less effective and damaging. Plus, the transition from one stance to another is smooth.
Since this women’s shoe is made from synthetic leather in combination with air mesh the durability and breathing are improved. In addition, the toe guard supports the two factors as well. The Trusstic system makes sure the sole weight is diminished and at the same time holds the structure of the shoe.
Moreover, you can choose from many color combinations.
- The side to side stability is a big plus.
- These shoes are durable and can survive several hard training sessions in a day.
- This pair is suitable for people with wider feet.
- It might take some time to get comfortable in these shoes, in other words, they might need to be stretched.
4. Head Grid 2.0 – Universal Shoes for Indoor Sports
They are really an indoor quality footwear which on the plus side doesn’t even leave marks. The upper part of the shoe is a combination of synthetic leather and air mesh.
The Head’s cooling system is also included and guarantees breathability of the shoe during a performance. Moreover, it also absorbs and subsequently gets rid of excess heat. The HyBrasion technology ensures longer durability and protects your foot from calluses.
You can select either the white/navy or the orange/black version of these men’s shoes.
- This pair of shoes will grant you a good support and grip.
- The traction on these men’s shoes can positively influence your game.
- Comfort and grip are also ensured and will contribute to the overall user experience.
- The breathability of the shoe during activities is a little but limited.
5. Yonex SHB 47 EX – Best Selling Yonex Shoes
The next badminton shoe model on my list are the Yonex SHB which are suitable for indoor activities such as ping pong, volleyball, tennis or badminton. Similarly, to other Yonex shoes, they also feature the Yonex power cushion which serves as a shock absorbent element that helps with movement changes as well.
The design and overall appearance of the shoes is unisex, so men and women will be equally satisfied with this product. These shoes are currently available in a white-blue combination or a red and yellow mix.
- Terrific shoes for a badminton match.
- They have a nice grip on the court and fit comfortably.
- The power cushion on this model is better than on previous ones.
- You might want to walk in them before a match to stretch them out.
6. Asics Gel-Rocket 8 – Badminton Shoes for Beginners
The second Asics model is also classified as women’s badminton shoes. Synthetic in material, with rubber soles on the bottom of the shoe. Thanks to the forefoot GEL cushioning system most of the energy that is produced on impact will be absorbed.
As in the case of the previous Asics, there is also the truss tic system that will positively cut weight of the sole and maintain the integrity and structure of the shoe. This product is in particular popular with beginners and intermediate indoor badminton players.
As far as color is concerned you can choose either black, white or airy blue.
- These shoes can be used for a variety of indoor sports.
- Great stability and cushioning for jumps and subsequent impacts.
- They stay nice and comfortably on your feet also during intense matches and all laced up.
- Once you stretch them out and wear them for a few times they will become very natural and comfortable. However, this might take a while.
7. Copter Indoor Shoes – Budget Badminton Shoes
These indoor badminton shoes are an economical option which is also beginner friendly. The shoes themselves are made from leather and have a rubber sole that helps stop the movement in intense indoor badminton matches, in other words, the sole is anti-slip.
The upper part is specifically altered so the texture lets the air flow. These men’s badminton shoes are suitable for several sports including tennis or volleyball thanks to the before-mentioned attributes as well as their light weight. It’s always nice to have less resistance.
The blue Copter Indoor version is only several clicks away.
- A very light weight of the shoes is an extraordinary attribute that can play in your favor.
- These are comfortable shoes in which you can spent a lot of time playing indoor sports.
- Good price for value.
- The bumps which are added on the side of the sole could take some time to get used to.
In the beginner’s category, this economical footwear is one of the best badminton shoes you will find on the market. In terms of material, the manufacturer used synthetic leather, rubber sole and a high abrasion rubber outsole. In addition, shock resilience and response are incorporate into the model as well as a power cushion to tackle vibrations and excessive energy.
They also focus on putting more attention to comfort and stability in the frontal part of the foot, including the toe. The design of this men’s footwear is very clean cut and therefore, if you have a wider foot please consider trying out a 0.5 – 1 size bigger shoes.
You can choose from three color versions: orange, blue and white.
- These shoes are wide enough to be suitable for everybody and have a strong support and grip.
- As far as material are concerned, they feel soft on the inside but sturdy and firm on the outside.
- They provide cushioning which helps prevent injuries.
- After a long and exhausting match, you may find your sock a bit colored by the shoe. But it is nothing a washing machine can’t solve.
9. LI-NING Saga TD – Professional Badminton Shoes
Lastly, I have selected a men’s badminton shoes from the LI-NING brand. They have professional features such as the X-structure, cushion, which is made with polymer, and the anti-slip system. In addition, the fabric used effectively lets the foot breathe inside the sneaker.
The material is of high quality and always checked before the end of the manufacturing process. This multi-sport footwear is terrific for indoor activities and come in a variety of color combinations, blue-green, yellow-blue and orange black, to just name a few.
- A terrific pair of shoes with soft interior that prevents feet injuries.
- Comfortable to wear and very light weight, which can positively translate into your game style.
- They feature a remarkable grip on several surfaces, plus they are durable.
- Have a long walk or a run before playing a match, just to get used to the soles and stretch the fabric.
Best Badminton Shoes – Buyer’s Guide
Now that you have come to the end of the article, let’s take a look at some of the vital points of this review.
First of all, it’s important to mention that the right footwear is absolutely essential for any sport that requires such equipment. Without proper shoes, you won’t be able to achieve your best performance. This applies also in the case of badminton, it’s absolutely crucial to have a quality pair of badminton shoes if you want to prevent injuries and stay healthy and sharp for as many matches as you can play.
If you don’t get hurt, you will progress much faster, that’s logical. However, it’s not only about health, those aren’t the only benefits a quality badminton shoe can provide. With the right footwear, you will be able to react faster, change directions quicker and jump without any fear while playing smashes at the net.
How to Choose The Right Badminton Shoe
So how do you pick the right shoe for you?
Is there a set of instructions that will give you the product which is most suited for you? Well, yes and no. There isn’t a formula that can magically provide you with badminton shoes, nonetheless, there are some hints that will help you with this task.
If you pay attention to these factors and customize them to your preference and needs, you will end up with the most suitable badminton shoes for you.
Men vs. Women Shoes
Firstly, you need to determine what kind of a shoe you are looking for. Is this pair supposed to be for men or women? This question might seem strange at first, but there are some slight differences in terms of shape, design, and color that create this distinction.
Of course, then there is the possibility of unisex shoes, which are also included in my review.
Once you have decided what type you need, you can follow with the materials. The majority of these badminton shoes are made from synthetic materials which are often mixed with several other kinds and ultimately create a harmonious mixture.
Many manufacturers are very cautious and try to create the best mixture to provide you with features such as breathability, grip, stability and quality fabric. All of these aspects are really important for any match type, but predominantly for the long-hour ones.
In addition, you also want to have some sort of an absorbing mechanism or system in your indoor sport shoes to get rid of the vibrations and excess impact force from jumping. Since badminton is played on a court and over the net such feature might come in really handy. Moreover, in a fast-paced game such as this one, you also must have a quality anti-slide sole, because changes of direction are a massively common thing.
In this regard, many badminton shoes can offer a great grip on the court and support which are both great advantages to have on your side. After you have browsed through these different features that the models provide, you might be more or less decided which one you will take. However, this doesn’t mean the job is over.
Another hugely important thing to keep in mind is to select the right size. It’s a bit difficult to give advice in this area since no one knows your feet better than you, but always remember to take into account their shape, length, and width when choosing a size. Some badminton shoes may be narrower others wider, so think about the size you pick very carefully because it can have a big impact on the overall comfort and game style. The best advice here is to pick at least 1 size bigger shoes than your regular sneakers or shoes.
On the other hand, many of these models can feel a bit tight at the beginning, but that’s just due to the fact that they have come, so to speak, right from the manufacturer. In such cases, just put them on and have a walk or a little run in them and your feet will slowly stretch the shoe into a comfortable shape.
Comfort and stability are equally important during long lasting matches but don’t worry, there are plenty of options to choose from in this review.
Design and Color
The last factor that could be taken into consideration, depending on your style, is the appearance, design, and color. Although these three elements shouldn’t be your priority, it’s nice to take a look at them and browse through different options that these badminton shoes can offer in this area. There are many different variations and colors you can choose from, so don’t hesitate and pick your favorite.